We all know Michael Jordan as the quintessential icon for the sporting world over the last 20 or so years. His popularity has never decreased while his aura continues to increase. His basketball shoes remain the top selling shoe each year because we all cannot seem to get enough of number 23. If you asked many fans of the game today, most would love to re-live the Jordan years and to see ‘His Airness’ play at his highest level one last time.
One of the things MJ left us was some amazing quotes that he worked to live his life by. Here they are:
1. “I can accept failure, but I can’t accept not trying.” 2. “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed. “
3. “I never looked at the consequences of missing a big shot… when you think about the consequences you always think of a negative result.“
4. “I never thought a role model should be negative.“
5. “I play to win, whether during practice or a real game. And I will not let anything get in the way of me and my competitive enthusiasm to win.“
6. “I’m not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.“
7. “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.”
8. “My heroes are and were my parents. I can’t see having anyone else as my heroes.”
9. “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.”
10. “Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships.”
11. “To be successful you have to be selfish, or else you never achieve. And once you get to your highest level, then you have to be unselfish. Stay reachable. Stay in touch. Don’t isolate.“
Make sure to pick up these recommended Michael Jordan readings:
- Ultimate Michael Jordan (Collector’s Edition) – Amazon.com
- The Jordan Rules – Amazon.com
- 1000 Motivational Quotes for Success – Amazon.com
And to read all of these amazing books, don’t forget to pick up your Kindle, Amazon’s new amazing wireless reading device!
I also stumbled on this old article from 1995 when Jordan returned to face the Indiana Pacers. Memories!
A comparison between Kobe and Jordan; who’s better?
So many amazing bits of info out there on Michael Jordan and that is why he remains the greatest of all time.