The NBA All-Star weekend has wrapped up in New Orleans so it’s time to get serious about the second half to the season and start thinking about the Playoffs. Any major rumors going down to start the home stretch? Let’s find out!
- David Stern calls the Sonics move “inevitable” and gets trashed for it from the city of Seattle. All I have to say is, “WAKE UP SEATTLE! If you would have forked over some of that city lovin’ cash years ago, this wouldn’t be happening!”
- Europe not ready for the NBA? The president of the Spanish Basketball Federation thinks there are still plenty of hurdles left to clear.
- Ron Artest to the Cavaliers talk has started to heat up a bit. Added a mental psycho like that to this team cannot be exactly what LeBron meant when he said they need to “get better.”
- The Lakers not done trading? The return of Caron Butler! No way.
- Steve Nash sticks up for Shawn Marion and reminds us all that Marion’s unhappiness with the team was “greatly exaggerated.” When Stevie speaks, I tend to believe him.
- Bruce Jenkins of the San Francisco Chronicle thinks this whole Chris Webber and Golden State thing is a joke. “If this team has any chance of making the playoffs, Chris Webber can’t be part of the plans.”
- Gilbert Arenas is still not a part of team USA, and he’s actually “OK” with it. Not believing that Gil! We all know you need to keep that fire burning and this is just the thing.
- Kobe not all that happy about having to play in the All-Star game yesterday; calls the injured player rule “crappy.” Agreed.
- Check out the angry writer from the Rocky Mountain News and his hatred of the NBA All-Star game! Someone must not have received their press pass or free ticket!